It’s FRIDAY COCKTAIL HOUR! And today I am bringing to you a sweeeeet sensation for you and your valentine!!!! It’s called the Crimson Kiss.
One word that sets this adult beverage apart from the rest: AMARETTO! Holy cow. Amaretto elevates this little tasty little number to a whole new level. Note: they sell Disaronno Amaretto in 2oz. bottles so you can purchase just what you need for this seasonal beverage!
- Volka – 4 oz. (I import mine from California—Kirkland shipment when my parents come to visit 🙂 )
- POM Juice – 2 oz. (You could also use POM Cherry to make this even cherrier! Is that even a word? I think it is, at least when sipping an adult beverage it is. 😉 )
- Amaretto – 2 oz. (YES!)
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 1/2 oz.
- Bitters – 6 drops (the bartender’s secret)
- Maraschino cherry and lemon peel for garnish
Measure out all your ingredients into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
Put the lid on that cocktail shaker, wrap it in a towel and start shaking it, baby! You want that beverage to have little ice flakes floating on the top after you are done. 60 seconds is perfect.
Pour into 2 stemmed cocktail glasses.
Garnish with a wedge of lemon rid and a cherry stabbed thru the heart by a round cocktail pick. (I just can’t help myself sometimes).
Tip: get an OXO 2 oz. measuring cup!
I love my OXO 2 oz. measuring cup. Do you have one?! Prime it now!!!! For this is one of my go-to gadgets for ease and mess-free cocktail mixing. It’s fantastic!
Serve this sweet glass of goodness to you and your sweetheart tonight or on Valentine’s day, or BOTH!
Cheers to lots of Crimson Kisses come February 14th !